Retirement Living in Qualicum Beach
Independent Living – Assisted Living – Residential Care
Enjoy boutique retirement living the picturesque beauty of Qualicum Beach, surrounded by colourful gardens, a lagoon and in the heart of town with shopping, golfing, dining and beaches nearby.
As a premier residence, we provide three levels of care for seniors of all walks of life, from independent living to complex care. We are dedicated to our “resident-focused” philosophy and we strive to make you feel at home. With our personalized care and support, we have created a loving a caring environment for all who enter through our doors.
Independent Living – Embrace Your Freedom
If you are looking to free yourself from the weight of home management chores and would prefer to enjoy the convenience of amenities and security in a social atmosphere, then independent living could be a perfect fit for you!
The independent living program is ideal for those who want to free up their time and live life to the fullest without being bogged down by daily chores. Seniors can enjoy an independent lifestyle with minimal assistance from the community unless you need it.
Choose from a studio, one-bedroom, one-bedroom and den, or a two-bedroom unit, complete with a kitchenette, walk in shower and your own private balcony to enjoy the views. All of our independent living suites are private pay.
Here are some of the other features of Independent Living:
- Privacy and independence
- Laundry and housekeeping services
- The choice to prepare your own meals or have food prepared for you
- Access to all recreational programming, events, and entertainment
- Freedom to have friends and family over whenever you wish, including meal times
- Peace of mind knowing assistance is available if you need it
- 24-hour nurse on call for emergencies
Assisted Living – A Little Help Goes a Long Way
If you or your loved one need a little more support with daily activities or medication services, assisted living is ideal for those who want to maintain their independence knowing assistance is available when needed. We have thirty government-assisted one bedroom suites that include a walk-in shower, a small kitchenette, a bar fridge and microwave.
Our residents receive complete housekeeping services, with their choice of two delicious three-course meals a day for lunch and dinner, as well as a bistro breakfast snack. In the assisted living program, senior residents must be able to move around and do basic daily tasks. The residents can use a walker or a wheelchair as long as they are able self-transfer to and from their bed.
Here are some of the additional features and services included:
- Medication management and assistance
- Assistance with showering and personal hygiene
- Help getting dressed and undressed
- Group activities in the community
- Housekeeping and laundry services
- 24-hour nursing care
Residential Care – Access to 24/7 Assistance
The residential care environment offers 24/7 nursing and care support. This level of care is specifically designed for those in need of intermediate care, extended care, dementia care, respite care and palliative care. We provide personalized attention and compassion while always respecting your loved one’s dignity and independence.
We offer a mix of private pay and publicly subsidized rooms with a multidisciplinary team of nurses, physicians, pharmacists, dieticians, occupational and physiotherapists. They are here to ensure both the body and soul of residents are nurtured.
Some of the additional services provided include:
- Three meals a day customized as per the individual’s dietary needs
- Medication support and management
- A clean and welcoming room with a private bathroom
- An on-call is nurse available 24 hours a day
- Housekeeping and laundry services
- Access to entertainment, activities and socializing
- Help with personal care, including bathing, dressing and other hygiene-related tasks
Entertainment and Recreation
The Gardens Recreation Team is dedicated to creating a calendar with a variety of recreation programs for you to participate in each day. With unlimited access to scheduled life enrichment programs in recreation, leisure, social arts, entertainment and fitness, you are welcome to participate in as much as you want, or to take quiet time for yourself. The choice is yours!
- Entertainment and musical performances
- Twice weekly happy hour
- Mini-bus service for scheduled outings and events
- Fitness classes
- Discussion groups
- Pool table
- Resident greenhouse
- Movie nights
- Saturday night residents’ pub night
- Cards, board games, crafts and bingo
- Weekly beach walks
An Executive Chef and their team provide fantastic food services at The Gardens at Qualicum Beach. Everything from comfort food to elegant special event dinners provides the variety our tenants enjoy.
We are always working to adapt menus based on tenant feedback and to increase our use of fresh, local ingredients which provide you with the best dining experience possible. All meals are prepared in-house by our Executive Chef and his team with a focus on fresh, local ingredients.
- Daily three course lunch and three course dinner with two options of the main course to choose from.
- Enjoy themed dinners once a month as well as special occasion and holiday menus.
- Private dining room for you to celebrate a special lunch or dinner party.